Listed here are a variety of links to information likely to be useful to the user of speech recognition software. Please feel free to contact us to include other useful links to this site.
Microphone Information Sources:
Non-US Sources of speech recognition software, microphones and accessories:
Sources of NaturallySpeaking Commands:
Sites helpful to those with disabilities and those suffering from RSI
- Ability Hub: Assistive Technology Solutions: A limited source of microphones, but a great source of information.
- Assistive Technology Solutions: Interesting site which provides plans for do-it-yourself devices to assist persons with disabilities
- Computer and Software Accessibility for the disabled - this is a wonderful overview of sources of information on both software and hardware options for those with disablities, kindly organized by Lisa Richards.
- Quadomated: An amazing site put together by a self-professed "happy geeky quadriplegic engineer" with lots to share.
- Novastor: a site with technology related to computer back-up but with a great page including a long list of useful resources for those with disabilities. Thanks to Cathryn Weaver and her daughter, Suzie, for finding this useful page.
General Accessibility Information
RSI Prevention and Treatment:
Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related sites:
- emrexperts: EMR Experts offers the affordable Electronic Medical Record software solutions with an easy-to-use interface. Available in both Client/Server and ASP models
- PerioPal: PerioPal is voice activated software for periodontal examinations, allowing hands-free charting. PerioPal is not the first voice driven periodontal exam, but it may be the first that is truly usable. This software will forever change the way you record exams.
Other Useful Sites:
- Speech Recognition Wiki: Community speech recognition site, with an emphasis on Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7.3/8 and Microsoft Speech Recognition