We are currently shipping both US and International orders via FedEx and the US Postal Service. At the time you place your order you will be given a choice of shipping methods and can compare costs and estimated delivery times. It is necessary to make the preliminary motions of placing an order and opening the shopping cart in order to view shipping costs, but this can be done before entering any payment information and does not commit you to a purchase.
Order Processing Time
With only rare exceptions, we will process and ship orders the day they arrive, as long as your order is received by noon Eastern time on a weekday. Be aware that delivery times are based on "business days". A Next Day Air package shipped on a Thursday will arrive on Friday. If shipped on Friday, it will arrive on Monday.
At this time we are offering both US Postal Service and FedEx shipping methods. Please keep in mind the following when you pick a shipping method:
- Our general cut-off for shipping is 12pm (noon) eastern time.
- For very small items shipped domestically in the US, US Postal Service First Class Mail will be your least expensive option, although depending upon how far you are from New Hampshire, delivery may vary from 2-5 days. This shipping method will only be available for items weighing 12 oz. or less and does not including any promise or guarantee regarding shipping time.
- For all items, including lightweight items, you will have the choice of FedEx 2nd day and US Postal service Priority Mail. FedEx shipping will be two days. Depending upon your location, USPS Priority Mail shipping will be 2-3 days, offers slightly less robust tracking and is usually a bit more expensive.
- You may notice extraordinarily good rates for FedEx 2nd Day Air rates. This is because of special rates offered by FedEx to us when a) your item can fit in a small Express package and when b) 2-day transits times will work. All other FedEx Express rates (including Overnight and 2nd Day AM delivery) turn out to be hugely more expensive since they don't meet the above criteria.
A large proportion of our overall business is outside of the United States and we do our best to provide some certainty and economy in international shipping. Here are the basic options:
- For fastest international shipping method we offer is FedEx International Priority and this will generally take 1, 2, or 3 days for deliver (1 day to major cities Mexico and Canada, 2 days to major cities Europe, Asia and Brazil, and 3 days to more remote locations).
- The most practical international method we offer is FedEx International Economy, which provides 3-5 business day delivery to most international locations. We have negotiated particularly good rates for FedEx International Priority, so this is generally the most practical international shipping method.
- For the least expensive international shipping, choose First Class Mail International. This method has only one advantage: least cost. Items shipped this method go by some combination of air and ship and the postal service offers no estimates or guarantees of delivery time. You should expect at least a two week delivery time, and to some locations we have seen delivery times up to a full months. So choose this only if you are in no rush to receive your item.
- While we offer US Postal Service Express Mail International (3-5 days) and Priority Mail International, these tend to be considerably slower and somewhat more expensive than FedEx methods and we do not recommend them.
Be advised that there may be import duties and fees charged by your government and which are out of our control. You will be responsible for any import fees, value added taxes, etc.